“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have too much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Create Your Jewish Legacy
Founded in 1908, Maot Chitim of Greater Chicago has been serving the Jewish community of metropolitan Chicago for over 100 years. Maot Chitim has become an integral part of the Chicago Jewish Community and for many, a tradition of service that transcends from generation to generation.
By establishing a legacy through a bequest or planned gift, you are planting the seed for future generations, thus:
- Ensuring Jewish continuity and tradition by providing the means for others to celebrate the holidays in a kosher manner with dignity.
- Helping to teach that Tzedakah is more than giving money to the poor. It requires the volunteer/donor to share his or her compassion along with the gift/gesture.
- Ensuring that the next generation has strong Jewish values and are ethical contributors to the world in which they live.
Leaving a legacy is simple. Some options include:
- Bequest in a will
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Gift of IRA or Pension Funds
- Gift of cash or assets
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
Please consult your professional advisor to determine which method of legacy giving is right for you! Download and Sign a Declaration of Intent form today to let us know that Maot Chitim is a part of your estate planning. Make teaching the value of Tzedakah part of your legacy.