Time is money.
Your time is valuable, and when you can’t make financial charitable donations, the next best thing is donating time. Charitable volunteering is value-added! Charitable organizations like Maot Chitim of Greater Chicago need your skills every day to fulfill their mission.
For our organization, volunteering during the holidays is especially important. During Rosh Hashanah 2016 we fed more than 13,000 people! The 1st Seder of Passover is Monday, April 10, 2017, a time when we need more – more capital, more volunteers. Here are ways charitable donations and volunteering can benefit you:
- “It takes a village.” When you tell friends and family about a worthy cause, they often want to become involved themselves.
- By volunteering, you increase your network of like-minded people in business and in your personal life. It’s uplifting, too. When you are questioning your life and its purpose, nothing helps you re-focus like turning your heart toward others in need.
- The National Institute of Health says charitable donations activate your brain’s pleasure centers. Simply put, helping others makes you feel better.
- Tithing forces you to better manage your money! If you establish a monthly budget and dedicate an amount to your charity, your finances will become better organized.The same logic applies to volunteering your time.
- Tzedakah is our way of life. Only 2 percent of the U.S. population is Jewish, but we account for 30% of the country’s charitable donations. Your financial support and volunteer efforts benefit people in need.
- When you donate to an IRS-approved charity, you’ll get a tax break. Saving money on your taxes is always a good thing!
- Your children are watching you. What better way to instill in them the desire to help the needy than to set an example of volunteering?
Maot Chitim is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and your donation is tax deductible. There are several ways to help:
- Corporate matching gifts
- Credit card
- Donating your time
Call 847-674-3224 or contact Maot Chitim for information about how you can contribute to feeding Chicago-area needy. Consider volunteering or making charitable donations, as we’ve got opportunities for you to make a difference throughout the year!